Thursday, October 14, 2004

Thu, Oct 14, 2004

Our home has been blessed! Tonight Father Martino (the priest who baptized Nora) came to eat dinner with us. I made my all-famous “Cheeseburger Twist" recipe for him. He had 2nds and even 3rds. I knew it would be a big hit however, I don’t think he cared too much for my side dishes.

After dinner, he conducted a blessing ceremony where he went around to every room of our home and blessed each room with holy water. He spent extra time blessing Nora’s room and giving up prayers of thanksgiving for her life. It was a very special moment.

Then he said special prayers over all of our Holy objects such as all of our Bibles, Rosaries, Crucifixes and even our statues of Saint Mary and Saint Frances that are outside our front door. It was a very special night, one that will always be remembered.

David and I love our beautiful home that the Lord has given to us. It is more than we ever dreamed we would have. God has blessed us so generously over the years and we are so grateful for His gifts. If we ever do move again, next time we will not wait so long before having our priest over to bless it!

No comments: