Tuesday, February 8, 2005

Tue, Feb 8, 2005

I recently went to a "Discovery Toy's" party and we have discovered the perfect purpose for Nora's new toy. We call it the "bite ball toy".

At meal time, it is so difficult and challenging sometimes to get Nora to open her mouth to take a bite. Sometimes I feel like I do everything but stand on my head... so David suggested we have it on the table when she is eating and when she takes a bite we push the button and spin the balls as her reward.

Well, I have been doing that the last 2 days and it is working pretty good and I don't have to put on a show before the bite which most of the time didn't get her to take a bite.... Now the entertainment begins when she actually does what we want her to do.

Talk about creative reinforcement! :)

No comments: