Sunday, August 9, 2009

Nora is Registered for School


No one has been looking more forward to SCHOOL UNIFORMS than I have! Last year for Pre-K-4 the children could wear anything they wanted -and that is exactly what Nora Anne did - anything that she could choose to put together to drive me NUTS! :P I'm talking, things that ON PURPOSE didn't match! not even close.

At times I scared myself when I heard the words and tone of them coming out of my mouth as we tried to negotiate what she would wear in the mornings...or even the night before... I sounded like my own mother! LOL and what is so scary is that I remember me being about 12 or 13 when I went thru it... and Nora was only 4 last school year! *sigh*

Needless to say, Nora is happy to be getting in the mood to go back to school. Final Registration was the 3rd and 4th last week... and I was happy to purchase two "used" uniforms for only $5 each. I bought the smallest two I could find... the longer one I plan to turn up and hymn myself and hope that it doesn't get faded with washings so that I can let down as her legs grow.

So this week is our last "free week of summer vacation" as first day of Kindergarten is Monday the 17th. Hard to believe my little girl is already for this next big step in her life. I know she will have a great year with her teacher Mrs. Thompson and learn so much.

I'm really proud of the fact that she can already write all of her letters so well and also read. I love that I've been at home with her and have helped be my child's "first teacher" ;) all thanks to my thoughtful husband who was the one who made it all possible for me to do. ;) Thanks David!


4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh dear....is it school time already?

Mikol said...

I hope Nora enjoys her first few days of school. My girls start on Monday and are so excited.

limpingalong said...

Hello, I'm sending greetings from Katy, TX. Know where that is?
Enjoyed reading your blog.

craftykorisa said...

So glad I found your blog! Your kids are so adorable. I have a blog too......craftykorisa.blogspot.com. I'd love to add you to my friends' list. Let me know!