Wednesday, August 4, 2004

Wed, Aug 4, 2004

Today I had my 6-week check up with her doctor. It was quite a challenge going by myself to the Doctor. Usually David goes with me and is a bigger help than I gave him credit for apparently.

When I got there today Nora started to make the announcement that we had arrived the second the elevator door opened. She was hungry and squalled the whole time I was signing in. I had arrived 10 min early and thought that was good. It would give me plenty of time to nurse her before I was called back. I found a seat and frantically tried to get her unstrapped out of the car seat as fast as I could... everyone is looking at us at this point. Nora's crying has just gotten louder as she is so hungry!

Finally I got her out and began feeding her.. and wouldn't you know it! For the first time in the whole history of my going to this office during the past 9 months, they called me back within 5 minutes of my arrival - before I had even gotten my seat warm!!!

Any other appointment I would have been leaping for joy as I got up and quickly went back to the lab, however this time wasn't that easy. I had to unlatch Nora, connect my bra, put her back into the car seat, readjust the handle so I could carry her, grab my bottled water, pick up the diaper bag and sling it over my shoulder and then pick up a very upset screaming baby who's yelling at the top of her lungs...."I just got started why did you take it away?!?!?!? WHYYY! WHYYY!"

Boy I sure wished David could have escaped from work to help me out a little but here. At least he could have helped carry all the gear and comforted Nora when she cried all thru my exam by Dr. Christie.

I got a good report and am now released to return to work with no restrictions. I follow up with her in December for my 6-month check up. Oh, also before we left I was able to get a few pictures of Dr. Christie holding Nora. I will include them in a photo album on the homepage.

No comments: