Thursday, May 27, 2010

Memorial Day weekend 1991

This is what I'll try to think of and remember this weekend... Visits from my cousin 'Tilda and setting Daddy's tobacco. My momma took this photo of us just as we were getting started... good thing b/c after a few rows we had MUD covered hands and thighs....which was FUN!

Who knew in just 8 years from this photo Momma would be gone.

It doesn't seem like it's been so long, but 11 years ago today (5/27/99 also a Thursday) my mom died and we buried her on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend....

I'll never forget that day... we were living in Augusta at the time and I had come home form work having a great day - I leased 7 apartments that day... and when I got home David had got home at the same time too and the phone rang so he picked it up while I walked out to check the mailbox....

1 comment:

Dee said...

My deepest sympathies are with you today and for the years ahead.

God bless.