Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I'm so thankful to be an American

Veterans Day – November 11, is a day to honor all the men and women who have served in America’s armed forces and to thank them for that service.

Today at Nora's school they are having a program to local many local veterans at 2:00pm. I pick her up around 11:30 each day but we'll go back for the program.

Kids are never too young to start learning about how we should be thankful and show respect and honor to our men and women who serve and have served. I still remember my mom coming to programs like this at my school when I was growing up. :)

I am so thankful to be an American! We take so much for granted but we live in the greatest country in the world and I am so thankful that I have the freedom to worship God, live in a nice home, and in the past have had good jobs, and always food on my table. So many people in the world are so less fortunate.... but somehow find true happiness. Again reminding me: "It's not about having everything you want - but rather wanting everything you have."

I am so grateful to the thousands of men and women who have served our country and dedicating their life to the service. Thankful for the ones who have battled to defend our rights... and the countless number who have given their lives for America. I'll never be able to properly thank them... but every time I see anyone in uniform, I say a simple "Thank you for serving" as I look into their eyes.... it's not enough but if we all did that it would help perhaps...

Well I gotta get moving - almost time to go pick up Nora at school.

For information on the history of Veterans Day, this year’s national and regional observances, to read the President’s 2008 Veterans Day Proclamation, visit http://www.va.gov/opa/vetsday/index.asp

No comments: