Thursday, November 5, 2009

doll quilt

Nora can not do any physical activity for at least 2 weeks maybe longer depending on how her ear heals. This means no PE or GYM at school or playing on the play ground. No riding her bike at home and also that she is missing out on gymnastics and also soccer games each Saturday.

So in order to cheer her up last weekend she and I worked together finish making something I had started Friday while she was at school. A doll a quilt with some of the small pink scraps I had. Pink is Nora's "current" favorite color.

It turned out really cute! Look at that poodle dog in the middle ;) I posted an update of Nora on my quilting board and mentioned about our little project that we were doing and look what arrived in yesterdays mail.....

Oooough-la-la! you would have thought this card had been full of $10 bills or something! Nora was very excited to get mail of her own and it have more PINK fabrics in it! :)

I bet you can already tell what she's planning... another doll quilt! I even overheard her mention "needing to go count all of her dolls to see how many more quilts we need to make!" LOL I guess that is all I need to hear to know that she really does like the one I made for her. ;)

Thanks chanlady! and all of my quilter friends for thinking of Nora! You all are so sweet to send Nora little things!!!

2 comments:

craftykorisa said...

How sweet!!! I just love the quilt. I may have to make one with Kaya when she is a little older!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a sweet Doll quilt - glad Nora is making a great recovery! Looks like you have a craft girl on your h ands with her interest in fabric swatches.