Sunday, June 14, 2009

Backyard Birthday Bash Part 1

Today we had our 2nd annual "Word Girl" Birthday party. Yep Nora loved her party so much last year that she wanted it to be "all the same except this year with a Word Girl PINATA!"

Well we didn't rent a bouncy thing this year b/c we already knew our gift to the kids was going to be a trampoline.... which they loved! ;) Sorry this is the ONLY photo I have of kids on the trampoline today as I was not the picture taker... uham, that would have been David and he didn't take very many. That is Nora in the purple bathing suit in the center. and I think Olivia is to the right....sitting down. and if you look to the far left you will see Paul Thomas riding piggy back on Diane. :p

I prepared for 23 kids in all - including all the brothers and sisters and little ones ;) but I think we actually only had 12 kids Nora's age come and then there were about 4 or 5 the twins age.. and then 4 or 5 BIG kids.

Sorry I don't have more photos - although Deacon Hector was here again this year with his camera taking photos so I'm really hoping that he can share with me some that he took. Especially of the kids playing "Pin the Sidekick onto the Super Hero" (like pin the tail on the donkey only using Word Girl) and also when they were taking turns hitting the pinata.

My friend Jill made Nora a super hero cape with the same Word Girl shield and the letter N in the center of the back of the cape. Sorry I'm holding it upside down in this photo. I'm sure I turned it around but our photo taker didn't get another shot of it :/

Olivia and Paul Thomas also got capes of their own too... but the photo taker didn't get pics of them wearing them either.

Here are a few I took of David helping the little ones open their gifts. ;)

Danny, Carolyn's dad picked out a Hot Wheel truck for Paul Thomas and it was a BIG HIT! He la,la,LOVED it and knew just what to do with it! Vrrrroooom! VRrrooom! over the packages that were sitting in my lap.


Oh and here are a few more photos that David took... the highlight of the party - the water balloon toss across............actually more like organized chaos. LOL Since most couldn't catch they just took turns throwing to their partner and busting them.


After about 4 or 5 turns for each team... I said, "After this next turn, we can just all throw them at who ever like playing tag" and no sooner than I got the words out of my mouth BOOM! David busted me in the back with a water balloon. :P


Well paybacks are great b/c it didn't take the kids long to scope him out when I yelled to all of them... let's all go get MR. DAVID!!! LOL

Isn't this cute of Paul Thomas in the middle. Taken before the payback of course. ;)

Hope you enjoyed the few photos I have of our great Backyard Birthday Bash ;) Sure wish our family could have been here for the fun!

I do have a few more that I took after everyone went home that I'll post later.

No comments: