Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cajun Story of the Week of May 6, 2009

No kidding... our local newspaper (published only once a week) has a section called Cajun Story of the Week. I don't always get to read the paper, but when I do I always look for these.. they're funny.

When Daddy and Clara visit they always enjoy reading them to each other.. so after today's I thought why not publish them here and share each week? I think everyone will get a kick out of them.... and this week's story had David and I in stitches laughing about what if his mom ever had any cases like this. She works for the state of Ky. ;)


Cajun Story of the Week.
After retiring Calvin Comaux went to da Social Security office to apply for his Social Security. Da woman axe for his driver's license to verify his age. Calvin say, "I'm sory me, I forgotit, I will have to go home and get it."

Da lady behind da counter say, "Unbutton your shirt."

Calvin did dat him, revealing his curly silver hair. Da lady say, "Mr. Comeaux, dat silver hair on you chest is proof enough for me." Den she provessed Calvin's Social Security application.

When he got home he told his wife Clotile about his experience at da Social Security office. Clotile say, "Comeaux, you crazy Cajun, why didn't you drop you pants,you might have got disability too."

Wasn't that funny? ;) I'm so behind on blogging lately that I won't even kid myself into thinking I can ever catch up - so I'll just "Jump in" with what we are doing here and now... so here goes...my goal is to post at least 3 times each week.


No comments: